Monday, March 4, 2013

Traveling Into The Life Of Michael Crichton

Travels is the only book of Michael Crichton that I was missing and so I bought it to complete my library. I knew not to expect a book of fiction because it is not one. What I did not expect was how much I was to enjoy it!

Besides small side-remarks, there is nothing about his childhood or his upbringing. These stories are the memoirs of an aspiring writer trapped into an Ivy League arc that was to land him an MD. But he got away. Well, maybe too far away...
The first stories describe his ever growing disillusionment with both medicine and its practitioners. Later on Crichton goes into his personal journeys in life, both around the world and professionally. From inside Hollywood trivia to scuba diving tips; from exotic culture shocks to the benefits of meditation; and from escaping mortal danger in Jamaica to having his ...aura fluffed, no corner of Michael Crichton's mind remains obscured.

Crichton's insights may not always be easy to share but one has to appreciate his candor. Because of his untimely death, this book is a major part of his legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment